Welcome to King Charles the Martyr Church, Potters Bar
Welcome to the website of King Charles the Martyr (KCM) Church, Potters Bar. We are an Anglican Church offering a wide range of styles of worship from traditional to informal. We are a caring community consisting of people of all ages who believe that God makes a difference in our everyday lives. Our mission is to Know Christ More through worship, prayer and study and to Make Christ Known by sharing our faith with those around us.
Sunday 31October 2021
1030 All Saints Day Communion
Orders of Service and words for worship at home
KCM Community Cafe - It's back!
We are delighted to announce that the KCM Community Cafe is back!
We look forward to bringing you great food at unbeatable prices and a warm welcome.
Whether you want a cup of tea and home-made cake, a posh coffee, a light lunch or just some company, the cafe is there for our local community.
Do join us on Thursday.
The Church of King Charles the Martyr provides a spiritual focus and outstanding facilities for the local community. It is YOUR church and like all charities, is dependent on the generosity of its members, the local community and others.
If you would like to make a donation towards the work of the Church of King Charles the Martyr, either as a one off or would like to join our regular giving scheme these are the ways that you can donate
- by speaking to our Treasurer to set up regular giving to help us plan
- by tapping the cashless giving machine in church
- with a text message by texting KCM 3 to 70085 to donate £3
- online via the donate button on our webpage.
- Amazon Smile will donate a small percentage of your purchase cost to us - just go to www.smile.amazon.co.uk to sign up
- Donating your old foreign coins
- Remember us in your Will. Legacies are a tax efficient way of giving to the church. Please do think about us when making or revising your Will.
A message from the vicar
An update on coronavirus restrictions October 2021
We, at KCM, are continuing to review the challenges presented by coronavirus to how we operate and adapting our service plans to reflect the developing position.
What we will be doing
- We will continue with a 1030 service and will continue with alternating the style of service as we have been doing. Morning worship Communion on the first Sunday of the month and morning worship with out communion on the third Sunday of the month, with a said communion service at 9.30. Sung Eucharist with choir and organ on the second and fourth Sundays of the month.
- The PCC have committed to returning to 9.30 sung Eucharist and 11am Morning worship at the beginning of March 2022.
- We will be regularly reviewing these measures, along side our brothers and sisters in the other churches in Potters Bar so that we are keeping Covid Secure.
On Sunday mornings:
- whilst the legal requirements to wear face coverings indoors have been lifted we ask that, if you are able, you continue to wear a face covering in church, and whilst you move about the building.
- we will keep the doors open and maintain the air flow in the church. We will put the church heating on but please do be aware that the church may still feel chilly and dress accordingly.
- whilst there is no longer a requirement for you sit socially distanced from others, we ask that you are mindful of those who would rather sit with some distance.
- Singing will be allowed but we ask that you keep your mask on and sing through it for the time being. There is no obligation for you to sing as part of the services if you do not wish to.
- Please be aware as you share the peace that people may still wish to share the sign language peace or bump elbows rather than have physical contact of shaking hands or hugging.
- We will not be sharing the common cup for the time being whilst local levels of infections are so high. The Liturgical Faith and Order Commission have made clear that receiving in one kind is still ‘complete communion’.
- We will continue with a single line coming up for communion, please sanitise your hands as you come up and keep on your face covering until you have moved away from the priest.
- Any changes to the organisation of Holy Communion will be made clear during the notices at the beginning of each service.
On Tuesday mornings:
We will retain all social distance measures for our service of said communion for those who wish to attend a quieter said service with a smaller congregation.
Our main services are live-streamed and can be viewed live (or later) on Facebook. Our Facebook site also includes information about the many other activities going on in the church. You do not need a Facebook account to access this.
Bible verse of the day
We are a passionate Church family, committed to proactively meeting the needs of our wider community. We will welcome and engage with people through open and inclusive worship and prayer, enabling everyone to Know Christ More through our enthusiasm, faith and outreach.
The Church of King Charles the Martyr, Potters Bar is committed to and will champion the protection of children, young people and vulnerable adults both in society as a whole and in our own community. We fully accept, endorse and will implement the principles enshrined in The Children Act 1989 that the welfare of the child is paramount. We will foster and encourage best practice within our community by setting standards for working with children, young people and vulnerable adults and by supporting parents in the care of their children. We will work with statutory bodies, voluntary agencies and other faith communities to promote the safety and well being of children, young people and vulnerable adults. We are committed to acting promptly whenever a concern is raised about a child or young person or vulnerable adult or about the behaviour of an adult, and will work with the appropriate statutory body when an investigation into child abuse or other abuse is necessary.
If there is immediate danger please call 999
Our safeguarding officer: email@example.com
Hertfordshire County Council Safeguarding. Children: 0300 123 4043; Adults: 0300 123 4042